It has been another busy and exciting year for the team here at the BGKLLEN. Some of our highlights have included:
- Working with the Foundation for Young Australians to create the ‘New Work Order in the VCAL Teacher Toolkit‘. This helps teachers equip young people for the jobs of tomorrow.
- Writing the ‘Hands Up! Student Volunteer Program Workbook’ which prepares young people with varying degrees of intellectual disabilities and learning differences for volunteering.
- Running the At Risk Forum in September, which focused on four big issues affecting local young people; Family Violence, Gender Diversity, Anxiety and School Refusal.
- Creating videos that explain the benefits of the Structured Workplace Learning Program for Students and Employers as well as the diverse and far-reaching work that the LLENs do.
- Designing the anti-anxiety card with Headspace Elsternwick, which helps young people cope with stress and anxiety.
All of this wouldn’t have been possible without the trust and support of our local community. Thank you to everyone who has supported or partnered with us this year. Your help goes a long way towards improving education and employment outcomes for all young people in our community.
We are currently accepting new submissions and feedback for our 2018 plan of work. Please get in touch with us if there is an idea or issue that you feel passionate about.
Our offices will be closed from the 22nd of December until the 8th of January. We hope that you have a relaxing and enjoyable holiday break and look forward to hearing from you in the new year.